6.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile displaying paid map listings above CPC results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mobile displaying paid local map lisitngs above traditional cpc results. My ads are pushed to bottom of search results page even though the preview tool shows them on top.  Top of page says "ads nearby businesses" then displays three map listings of supposed local businesses(one is eleven miles away). Yes I clicked on them because I'd never seen it before and it's definitely a paid click? Anyone seen this before?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile displaying paid map listings above CPC results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Joel,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I believe you are referring to an ad that is shown through AdWords Express. AdWords Express shows ads on Map searches as well, and such ads usually get more targeted to local geographic locations. 

More information can be found here https://www.google.com/adwords/express/

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Ratan, thanks for replying. Are you saying that adwords express isn't in the traditional auction, that they have there own auction that supersedes traditional cpc in some cases. In the particular instance I'm speaking of the results weren't even that local with one of the companies as far as 12 miles away with probably fifteen similar companies in between. Does this mean we have to purchase adwords express ads along with our regular campaign?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Joe,

I am not saying that AdWords Express does not go to the traditional auction, it does go to the same auction as AdWords. However, my personal experience says that local signals are more powerful in Express by default, and ads from an Express account are more likely to win on map ads, as they more local in nature.

That's my personal experience, not an official remark.

Having said that, there’s no advantage to using both AdWords Express and AdWords, and using them at the same time can complicate your ad management and cause your ads to compete against each other. We recommend using only one of these advertising tools at a time.

AdWords is a more robust system than the Express. If you optimize it properly using location related formats/extensions and with other optimizations in place, it can definitely beat those ads as well. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.