Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile bid adjustments

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everybody,

I have a quick question. Last week I've setted up a mobile search campaign with the start bids according to Google's suggestions. However, since it's a mobile campaign and I work with a mobile bid adjustment of 300% I only bid a third of Google's suggested bid. 

But, when I was looking at my keywords today Google says the bids are still below the suggest bid. I'm almost 100% sure the bids will be multiplied, and that I can just ignore this message, but I was hoping one of the more experienced member on this forum could verify it.

Thanks in advance,
Bram 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bram K
September 2015

Re: Mobile bid adjustments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bram, you often have to take AdWords' suggested bids with a pinch of salt.  They can be accurate, they can be quite a long way off.  The best way to determine your actual bid is to look at your data; if you're bidding $0.10 and you're seeing actual CPC costs above $0.10 (and the higher the better) then you can be happy your 300% modifier is working.

There is also a column you can activate in the Settings tab view that'll show you bid modifications in place called "Active bid adj." and this should confirm your setting.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bram K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bram, you often have to take AdWords' suggested bids with a pinch of salt.  They can be accurate, they can be quite a long way off.  The best way to determine your actual bid is to look at your data; if you're bidding $0.10 and you're seeing actual CPC costs above $0.10 (and the higher the better) then you can be happy your 300% modifier is working.

There is also a column you can activate in the Settings tab view that'll show you bid modifications in place called "Active bid adj." and this should confirm your setting.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi John,

Thank you, that helps me a lot, but where can I exactly enable that column? You said in settings, but I'm not quiet sure where to find it. I tried to customize columns, but it wasn't there either?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Nevermind just found it Smiley Very Happy

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

Thank you.