Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile PPC Ads with Only the Option to Call

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

I know there has to be an obvious answer for this, but I am having a problem with my PPC campaign. It is a legacy campaign and when the ads show on a mobile device, the ad headline is the phone number and there is a box with the click to call option to the right. But, neither of these will allow someone to visit my mobile site, they only allow a call. How do I get rid of the headline with the phone number in it so someone can visit my mobile site?

Thank you for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike V
September 2015

Re: Mobile PPC Ads with Only the Option to Call

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

I am sorry to bother you but please see the below screenshot and confirm you went through the same steps in AdWords UI:

STEP1:

step1.png

STEP2:

Step2.png

STEP3:

Step3.png

Please confirm once again.

Thanks

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mike,

Just a guess, while setting up call extensions there is option, show only mobile number with ad or showing phone number and website. I think you have chosen mobile number only. Can you please check once.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Neha,
Thanks for the reply, but I do not have any such option when editing the call extension. Any other ideas?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike V
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

I am sorry to bother you but please see the below screenshot and confirm you went through the same steps in AdWords UI:

STEP1:

step1.png

STEP2:

Step2.png

STEP3:

Step3.png

Please confirm once again.

Thanks

Neha Gupta