AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile ONLY campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

How can I create a campaign that targets ONLY mobile? If I recall correctly when Enhanced campaigns were first launched in 2013 I remember you had the ability to downbid -90% on Desktop traffic, but now Desktop is locked in. I'd like to create a campaign that specifically targets mobile so my strategies align correctly - with ad copy and all.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile ONLY campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Johnny,

You have not made it clear whether it is for Search Network Campaign or for Display Network. Let me discuss the possibilities in both the cases. 

Search Network - Here you can set lower bids for keywords and then can do a device bid adjustment for mobiles to be 300%. This way you will have very low bids for desktops/tablets restricting the system to shows your ads there, and as the bids would be increased by 300% on mobile devices, you will have more exposures to mobile devices. 

Though, there's no direct method for restricting campaign exposures to mobile devices only, but the above way-around works. 

Display Network - Here you have options to confine your campaigns exposure to mobiles devices based on OS, device models etc. It can be found under Campaign Setting area. 

Hope it helps. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Sorry - yes it is for search. Is dropping the bids across the board and going with an enormous modifier the only workaround? Just speculating all possibilities here. If that's the case, I'm fine with that, but I'm not so much for going with static modifiers across the board as I'm a huge fan of using automatic bidding strategies and the desktop performance would sway the numbers. Does anyone know of any device-specific bidding strategies?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
AdWords automatic bidding is very dangerous, it may make you loser. please try to customize your auction and every day check the ad performance, after one week you can make a great campaign based on the report. You can't run an ad just for mobile device on AdWords. it's mobile, tablets, PlayStation or others smart phone together. I hope you are not just beginner right? I think you got the idea. thanks.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Actually, automatic bid strategies in different tools such as DoubleClick are very effective with target CPAs (their algos are very advanced with continuous bidding features and you can set up all sorts of conditions such as position and bid constraints).

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Oh sure, you are talking about that. yea it is. thanks.