Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Click Statistics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I might find the answer to this one myself, before I get an answer off here (however, I have already had a brief look).

Either via Adwords account or Analytics account, is there any 'filter' available or any other way to find out exactly how many clicks to website a campaign has had via mobile devices?

Just to be clear on this one, I am talking about ALL types of ad, because you can find and view normal text ads on mobile devices.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile Click Statistics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Select the segment Device and you will see how many clicks you got from desktops, mobile devices and tablets like this:-

Segment.png

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

Adding to Pankaj Answer You can also check click from mobile in Google Analytics. First of all your Analytics & Adwords account should be linked for this.

Link Adwords & Analytics accounts: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

You need to navigate Camapign => All Campaign and then select device category in Secondary dimension.

You can also check Mobile Brands by selecting Mobile Device Branding in secondary dimension.

If you want Mobile model information selection Mobile Device Info in secondary dimension.

Here is the screenshot:

Google Analytics Mobile Device Report

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, thanks for that. There's so much to Adwords/Analytics! I know you can create shortcuts in Analytics for this sort of thing, but is there any way to filter this and create a shortcut in adwords, so that it ONLY shows the clicks from mobile devices? For both types of ad?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for your answer as well, however there doesn't appear to be any "device category"?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

you have to select device category in secondary dimension 

Campaigns   Google Analytics.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes there is an option to create and save report. 

First do as pankaj suggested to you select device form Segment.

Then click on the download button.

You will see a box to download & schedule report.

Here expand Email and schedule report and select the desired option.

Here is complete explanation: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404176?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
That's where I'm at. There doesn't appear to be an actual option "device category", what is it actually called?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
yeah, thanks, just looking at that, but I don't think it's going to allow me to do what I'm thinking. I literally just want a table of 'clicks' or whatever, where it only shows me the keywords that have ACTUALLY had clicks and how many, rather than having to scroll through a load of zeros, if you follow what I'm getting at? Unless I'm missing something?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
As an add-on to that, I've actually managed to apply a filter that was supposed to show any clicks either on or above the value of 1, but when I applied it, it is still showing "mobile devices with full browsers" and "tablets with full browsers" as zero, so it's not filtering out those categories. Any further suggestions?