AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Ad configuration on AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Is it possible to configure android mobile display ads to open Google Play app with a specific app page, when the user clicks the ad ?  I remember admob had a destination URL to open any Google play app. I dont seem to find that in AdWords. Is HTTP URL is the only available option? If such option exists, can you point me to the usage.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile Ad configuration on AdWords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Did you try Click-to-download ad for your mobile app?

You might be interested in this new format. http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2549053

I hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj. Thats very helpful. There was no explicit option to choose "Click-to-download" ad type when i created the campaign, that was the reason for my post. So from your link, it seems like .. Adwords will automatically determine if the ad is Click-to-download type based on the Display URL and Destination URL domain. Correct ?.  For instance if i enter any other non-google play hyper link in those URLs, it will open the browser. If its google play URL, it will launch google play app on android. Is my understanding right ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

It's an interesting feature and I would advice you to follow the help center article for more insights. Just make sure that while creating these ads, you adhere to ad group level URL policies also, so that your ad don't get disapproved.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj