2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Missing something simple....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay - here is the situation.  I created an Adwords account using the email associated to my Google account that accesses all my other products - Drive, Analytics, etc.  I cancelled the Adwords Account.  I need to associate my Google account with a different Adwords account in order to link to Google Analytics.  Everytime I try to accept the invitation from the Adwords administrator, it tells me I am already associated with an Adwords account. 

How can I cancel this adwords account so that my email (and by extension my Google Account) can be associated with another Adwords account. 

Thanks,

Jamie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missing something simple....

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jamie,

Let me just recap to make sure I understand:
You've got an email that was attached to an AdWords account that you've cancelled.
You want to attach this email to a different AdWords account now, but you're having trouble.
Let me know if I'm misunderstanding anything with the scenario.

The reason why you're having trouble is because canceling an AdWords account doesn't divorce it from its login email (the reasoning is because you can return later to reactivate, if you wish).

What to do?
(1) Invite another email address (create a new dummy email, if need be) onto your old, cancelled account
(2) Then in that same account, terminate access for the email address you're trying to use going forward

Instructions for all this can be found here.

Hope this helps!

Re: Missing something simple....

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.