AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Missing Automated rule

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

We have an account where I can see that there are rules being run in the log everyday. When I try to find and remove this rule I can not find it. I have looked at managing rules on an campaign level, keyword level and an adgroup level. Does anyone have a clue as to where I can find the rule?

/Emelie

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emelie J
September 2015

Re: Missing Automated rule

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hey,

Sorry to jump in here. Any chance you're using an MCC to manage this account? If so, you may want to browse to the main MCC page (My Client Center Link -Top Left) and check your rules and logs there too.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Emelie J ! Welcome to the AdWords Community !

You can find the list of rules in the "Bulk Operations" tab on the left side of the interface like this :

where-are-automated-rules.png

You can also retrieve from your email the name of the rule and search it in the "Automated rules" page with the universal shortcut CTRL+F for finding text.

I hope this solves your problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Thank you for answering.
I found it=)

/Emelie

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Glad to help, do come back any time you have another question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again

I was too fast answering there.

I am actually looking under "Bulk Operations and under "automated rules" but there are no rules listed (I am looking at "Showing all rules". But when looking at the log I see that there is a rule that ran today. Is there any other place they could be at?

/Emelie

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

No as far as I know there isn't . Maybe that is an automated report of some sort, not a rule.

Does the email subject say something like this "AdWords automated rule "Tile" ran with .... changes " ?

[Edit] Now I see that you already checked the "Show All rules" , no need for my previous instructions

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emelie J
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hey,

Sorry to jump in here. Any chance you're using an MCC to manage this account? If so, you may want to browse to the main MCC page (My Client Center Link -Top Left) and check your rules and logs there too.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I am showing all rules like that and there is only one rule active which is the "send email rule". But looking at the Log there are several rules that are running.

One is the "send email rule" (which is fine) and the others are different. One of the other rules is a rule that lowers cpc. This rule is visible in the log but not in the list of active rules. It is running everyday so it seems to be active somewhere. 

/Emelie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello

That was exactly what it was.
Thank you!

/Emelie