AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Missed opportunity by Google or am I missing something?

Stu
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Stu
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I launched a new app for iOS, came straight over to AdWords to setup an "App/Digital Content Ad", but the setup procedure won't allow me to find my app. If I go to iTunes and search for it, it's there. The AdWords setup advises that it can take up to 24hrs for new apps to appear, yet it's 40hrs and still not found.

I understand this appears to be just another impatient developer, however, I'm a fan of Google so I want to share my natural experience. This hiccup causes me to spend some time looking at alternative marketing options. I don't mean "hey, it's not working fast enough I'm taking my business somewhere else". It's more along the lines of, "hey, while I'm waiting for Google to catch up with the iTunes server I'll take a look at my other marketing options."

The solution to this would be to allow me to upload my App icon image. If that option were there I would have been able to setup my campaign, preview my ad and move on to my next order of business.

It would also be acceptable if the setup stated that the image supplied is temporary and will be replaced by the image associated with the app in iTunes once available. Does it update the ad with the image or will this ad forever run without an image?

Or, am I missing something? Perhaps this is a unique situation?

Stu

Re: Missed opportunity by Google or am I missing something?

Stu
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Stu
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Contacted AdWords support. Very pleasant experience.

I've been informed that it can take up to 72 hours, so I'll check again and report if successful.

App is searchable in iTunes by both the app name and by my developer name.

It has occurred to me that AdWords may be limited to reporting only what is made available by Apple. AdWords must have to utilize the Apple search API i.e.:

"https://itunes.apple.com/search?parameterkeyvalue"

Where parameterkeyvalue can be one or more parameter key and value pairs indicating the details of your query.

This would indicate that the Apple search API may provide delayed or modified results from the actual in store (iTunes) search results?

Stu

Problem identified (I think) and solved.

Stu
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Stu
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Problem identified (I think) and solved.

I'm in Canada, so I submitted my app, saw it in iTunes and expected Google AdWords to find it. A U.S. friend wasn't able to find the app in the U.S. iTunes store, yet I could find it in the Canadian store.

I would suggest to expect a 72 hour propagation period from Canadian app approval ("ready for sale" status and in the store) to U.S. iTunes availability, and subsequently AdWords recognition.

Amazing support from the AdWords team today!