Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Missed Call Campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I read about Google Call only Campaign in Adwords, which is very helpful for advertisers targeting users only on Mobile.

Few Days back, I wrote a blog on Missed Call Marketing, a new medium of targeting customers and make your content and business available to them where customers will give Missed call on a number and in return can listen to advertisement and place order by clicking on programmed numbers.

This concept is also used in Africa and Latin America where it is called as Beeping or flashing. Recently, Twitter acquisition of ZipDial and Facebook acquisition of Vivaconnect shows this concept will increase on a large scale. 

This concept had been used by many companies in India to run their campaigns.

Now I think, like Call only Campaigns in Google Adwords, is it possible we may see Missed Call Campaigns in Adwords, where a number will be displayed on an Ad, where user will give a missed call and in return can listen to content.

Benefits of this campaign are, first it is a low cost mode of Advertising which can generate high revenues. Second, by this campaign it is easy to reach in rural market or in an area where Internet connectivity is low.

Is it possible in Adwords, in future?

Please share your views on this.

Regards 

Arpit

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missed Call Campaigns

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Arpit,

Missed call marketing can be seen a lot these days and yes, it is an effective way (to collect leads at least) of advertising. However, speaking from the AdWords POV, the return call (call back to the user) needs to be tracked, to track a conversion. Though I'm not sure how feasible it may be (as Google forwarding number isn't yet available for IN), it could be a good feature to see in AdWords.

Good thought I'd say Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Missed Call Campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sumanth,

Yes, you are right.

It will be a good feature in Adwords and will work on a large scale especially in India.

Regards

Arpit