AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Maximun Cost Per Click Issue, why my cost still gone up ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After I setting $4 of maximun cpc, my cost for this keyword still gone up to $18 for merely two clicks. Why is this happening?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Announsor C
October 2015

Re: Maximun Cost Per Click Issue, why my cost still gone up ?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Announsor,

A lot of factors can cause your average cost per click to be higher than your max CPC. Do you have any bid adjustments set up in your Settings tab, or flexible bidding strategies turned on?

There is also a lag in AdWords reporting, so if you very recently lowered your max CPC, you may be seeing the average cost per click for clicks that came in before you made the change.

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Announsor C
October 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Announsor,

A lot of factors can cause your average cost per click to be higher than your max CPC. Do you have any bid adjustments set up in your Settings tab, or flexible bidding strategies turned on?

There is also a lag in AdWords reporting, so if you very recently lowered your max CPC, you may be seeing the average cost per click for clicks that came in before you made the change.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did set 20% adjustment for mobile device. However, even if i set 20% adjustment, my cost will be $ 4.80 per click right?
why is this happening ?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Announsor,

That's correct, a 20% mobile bid adjustment alone would not raise your cost per click that high. But if you have that layered on top of any other bid adjustments, they can get quite high.

If you have no other adjustments set or flexible bid strategies, it's likely a lag in reporting, like I mentioned. When did you lower your Max CPCs, and what were they set to previously?

Thanks,
Cassie