5.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Maximize clicks strategy using custom adscheduling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was reading the Maximize clicking strategy. 

There i found this piece of note. It says you can use custom scheduling to target particular date and time  with maximize clicking strategy, then after that it says you cannot and it wont be applicable. I could not able to understand this part. Can you please help me o

"You can set up
custom ad scheduling to show your ads on certain days or during specific times, and use the “maximize clicks” strategy to focus on increasing clicks during those days and times. Note that if you set bid adjustments based on day and time with campaigns using this strategy, those bid adjustments won't be applied to your bids. "

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shiva B
June 2016

Re: Maximize clicks strategy using custom adscheduling

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Shiva,

What this means is that if the Maximize Clicks bidding strategy is being used you can't use the custom ad scheduling feature to adjust bids during specific days and times (for example, increase bids 30% on Thursdays) . The bidding strategy will override any bid adjustments that you have in place. However, you can use the custom ad scheduling feature to turn your ads off during a specific days and times.
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shiva B
June 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Shiva,

What this means is that if the Maximize Clicks bidding strategy is being used you can't use the custom ad scheduling feature to adjust bids during specific days and times (for example, increase bids 30% on Thursdays) . The bidding strategy will override any bid adjustments that you have in place. However, you can use the custom ad scheduling feature to turn your ads off during a specific days and times.
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks a lot Jim Smiley Happy