Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Match type options in Keyword Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi--

When I am using the Keyword Tool, sometimes the "Match Types" options (in the left column) will give me all 3 match types (Broad, Phrase, Exact) to check, and sometimes it only shows Broad and Exact. Any idea why this would be?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sddalg
September 2015

Re: Match type options in Keyword Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Figured it out....the window that shows "Saved Ideas" was expanded. When I collapsed it, voila! All my match options.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sddalg,

This sure is odd...would you be able to provide a screenshot of when the phrase option is missing?  If so, please make sure that you remove any personal information from the post (email address, account numbers things like that).

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sddalg
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Figured it out....the window that shows "Saved Ideas" was expanded. When I collapsed it, voila! All my match options.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Cool.  That was sort of what I was thinking may have happened.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’