Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Match Type Doubt -

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

Just a quick question about match types.

I read somewhere that AdWords allows another match type called modified broad match, is that still in use?

Also, the article said that in order to make it work, there should be a "+" next to the keywords that has to be in the search query in order to show my ad!

Many thanks

Oscar

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Match Type Doubt -

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PremioOscar,

I beleive this help center article will clear all your doubts, if you have any question after reading this article, please let us know.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Broad Match Machifier still in use & that too very effectively. Smiley Happy

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PremioOscar,

I beleive this help center article will clear all your doubts, if you have any question after reading this article, please let us know.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Broad Match Machifier still in use & that too very effectively. Smiley Happy

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Oscar,

Broad Match Modifier is indeed still in use and you get more information about it here. You are also correct with regards to the usage, simply add a + directly before each word (that you wish to apply it to) within the keyword. An example being:

+tennis +equipment

Edit: Sorry Neha, I hadn't refreshed my page!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No Worries Scott!! Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Guys,

Thanks very much for your responses!

Cheers

Oscar

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello PremioOscar

I would add to Neha's answer, that since BMM does not include synonyms, many advertisers have abandoned the classic "broad match". With synonyms (as part of the "broad match") you can find your ad triggered by a keyword you did not even think is a synonym;

Check this discussion as an example;

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Can-you-have-broad-match-and-broad-match-modifier...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’