Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Manaul CPC bid strategy type

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everybody,

A quick question, I've decided to changes to a manual CPC bid strategy where my bid per keyword is based on the estimates bids of google. However, not all my keywords are getting an estimated bid.  My question is actually in twofold:

1. Can I use two different bid strategies in one campaign? So the keywords where I don't have an estimated for will be using the auomated bid strategy?

2. If not, what will happen if I run those keywords without a bid? And what suggestions do you guys have to establish a bid for those keywords?

Many thanks!

Bram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bram K
September 2015

Re: Manaul CPC bid strategy type

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bram,

bid strategies are used from the bottom up. So if you set a campaign bid strategy, all ad groups within this campaign will use that bid strategy by default.

You are then able to go to the ad group level and change ad groups of your choice within that campaign to a different bid strategy.

Within that ad group you can then change the bid strategy for certain keywords and all others will use the default bid strategy.

If you select all the keywords that you do not want to use manual CPC for (select by checking the box on the left of that keywords) you can then change the bid strategy for all those selected keywords using the bid strategy tab.

Learn about bid strategies here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472725?hl=en

That being said note that there are some cases when you are not able to change the bid strategy of the ad groups/key words if your campaign is set to certain types of bid strategies.

In your case there should be no issue if you set your campaign bid strategy to manual CPC. You will definitely be able to then set certain keywords to a different flexible bid strategy such as maximise clicks.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bram K
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bram,

bid strategies are used from the bottom up. So if you set a campaign bid strategy, all ad groups within this campaign will use that bid strategy by default.

You are then able to go to the ad group level and change ad groups of your choice within that campaign to a different bid strategy.

Within that ad group you can then change the bid strategy for certain keywords and all others will use the default bid strategy.

If you select all the keywords that you do not want to use manual CPC for (select by checking the box on the left of that keywords) you can then change the bid strategy for all those selected keywords using the bid strategy tab.

Learn about bid strategies here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472725?hl=en

That being said note that there are some cases when you are not able to change the bid strategy of the ad groups/key words if your campaign is set to certain types of bid strategies.

In your case there should be no issue if you set your campaign bid strategy to manual CPC. You will definitely be able to then set certain keywords to a different flexible bid strategy such as maximise clicks.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Clynton!

Thank you! It seemed like I did it correct the first time than!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Glad I could help!