AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Main account access is not Administrative (none are!)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am coming into an agency with AdWords and Analytics already set up and managing these accounts. I have been unsuccessful this far in merging the AdWords and Analytics accounts, and have finally (I believe) found the reason why. My access to the Analytics accounts is Administrative; however, my access to AdWords accounts says "User interface and API" access. This is under Client Managers. The only other users with access are two with email-only access. I see how I am able to ADD and invite a user and offer them Administrative Access; however, I want the login I use now and have always used to be Administrative and I do not see a way to change this. If I could remove this email and then re-add it as Administrative, that could work BUT that is the way I currently access the account and I am afraid of locking myself out somehow.

Any words of wisdom of how I can finally fix this so I can link clients' accounts?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Main account access is not Administrative (none are!)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Stacy, "User Interface & API" is the normal access for an account manager via an MCC and is the highest level available via this relationship.  If I remember correctly, to link Analytics you'll need to be the owner of the Adwords account.

I don't think there's any way around this - as a manager; the only solution is to either send the client details of how to do it themselves or visit them and walk them through it.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits