AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Main account access is not Administrative (none are!)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am coming into an agency with AdWords and Analytics already set up and managing these accounts. I have been unsuccessful this far in merging the AdWords and Analytics accounts, and have finally (I believe) found the reason why. My access to the Analytics accounts is Administrative; however, my access to AdWords accounts says "User interface and API" access. This is under Client Managers. The only other users with access are two with email-only access. I see how I am able to ADD and invite a user and offer them Administrative Access; however, I want the login I use now and have always used to be Administrative and I do not see a way to change this. If I could remove this email and then re-add it as Administrative, that could work BUT that is the way I currently access the account and I am afraid of locking myself out somehow.

Any words of wisdom of how I can finally fix this so I can link clients' accounts?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Main account access is not Administrative (none are!)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Stacy, "User Interface & API" is the normal access for an account manager via an MCC and is the highest level available via this relationship.  If I remember correctly, to link Analytics you'll need to be the owner of the Adwords account.

I don't think there's any way around this - as a manager; the only solution is to either send the client details of how to do it themselves or visit them and walk them through it.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits