AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

MCC account can't create video campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just been told by Google that an MCC account can't create video campaigns? I can't find any other info to support or deny this, but it seems a little strange that the MCC level can't create a simple video campaign. Has anybody out there had the same issue?

"The availability of creating a video campaign under an MCC account is not available. I would like to inform you that you will be able to create a video campaign under any of your child accounts, however it is not available for an MCC account."

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: MCC account can't create video campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Zane P,

Do you mean you can not create a campaign within the MCC, or that you can not create a video campaign when accessing a child account through MCC?

This message is telling you the campaign must be created from within a child account, not that you can't create a video campaign. Campaigns belong to the child account, not the MCC.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: MCC account can't create video campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As per my understanding, you want to create video campaign in child account under MCC account. To setup video campaign in child account, you have to click on "+Campaign" on campaign tab and then select "Online Video" as campaign type.