Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

MCC Set Up

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am currently manageing 3 Adwords accounts. I see MCC would be a good option to manage all in one place. Am I correct in saying I need to create a new gmail account specifically for MCC and not use my main gmail account?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: MCC Set Up

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

To clarify:  You do not need a gmail address, just an email address not currently associated with an AdWords account.

Nikhil is correct--after you create the MCC account, you'll need to link the client accounts to it. Your clients will receive the link request emails (assuming they have access to their accounts), so it's a good idea to let them know first what's happening.  They (or someone with Administrative login privileges) with need to go in and approve the link request.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlenBob
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Thanks for the useful info Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Glen;

Yes you do;

Use the community search box to run a search on "MCC": you'll find many tips about setting a new MCC account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Glen

Check out

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704399

Hope it helps

Dave

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, you can use your email address.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Just to add to what's already been mentioned:

Assuming that you are using 3 logins at the moment to manage these 3 accounts, creating an MCC account makes sense. You 'should' create the MCC account using a different login as this ensures that you don't need to share your passwords in a scenario where you need to share your MCC account details ever. You can invite any other users that work on these accounts to join your MCC account and then they can work on the individual accounts.

It'd be good to inform the client regarding this if these are indeed client accounts since they would get emails about this and might wonder whats going on.

Hope this helps.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

To clarify:  You do not need a gmail address, just an email address not currently associated with an AdWords account.

Nikhil is correct--after you create the MCC account, you'll need to link the client accounts to it. Your clients will receive the link request emails (assuming they have access to their accounts), so it's a good idea to let them know first what's happening.  They (or someone with Administrative login privileges) with need to go in and approve the link request.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlenBob
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,