1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

MCC Delete 'Create Account'

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently set up MMC but instead of correctly 'linking my accounts' I 'created account' I now have..

Correct Linked Account

Incorrect Create Account (nothing in this)

x 2 This is very annoying.

How do you delete 'create account'? I tried to unlink / delete the account but I can't because > 'this account must have at least one active user before you can unlink it.'

I'm sure there is a simple answer to this question? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlenBob
September 2015

Re: MCC Delete 'Create Account'

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning - 

Unfortunately, no, there is no "simple" answer to this problem. What you need to do is to go in and request that these empty AdWords accounts be deleted entirely.

Try the instructions here: Cancel your AdWords account.

You may need to have the MCC deleted and start over, but try deleting the individual, unwanted accounts first.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Glenbob

It is hard to understand exactly what are you are asking.

I guess the best thing to do is maybe to pause the campaign you do not want to run so that your keywords are not competing internally within your account. 

Here is a link to further assist you with this - Pause Campaign

I hope this helps you.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlenBob
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning - 

Unfortunately, no, there is no "simple" answer to this problem. What you need to do is to go in and request that these empty AdWords accounts be deleted entirely.

Try the instructions here: Cancel your AdWords account.

You may need to have the MCC deleted and start over, but try deleting the individual, unwanted accounts first.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Glenbob

I see what you've done here.

If you cancel the account it won't be active but may still be linked to your MCC. (Theresa's link will help you delete the account if that is what you want to do.) However, in terms of unlinking the account from your MCC, the reason why you cannot unlink this accidentally created account from your MCC is that the only email address associated with the account is the one from your MCC. Each AdWords account must have at least one email address associated with the account at any one time. If you added another email address to this new AdWords account (this could be an email address you do not use for AdWords or a email account you create especially for this purpose, you could create a free gmail account for example) you could then remove the email address from your MCC from the account and then you could unlink the account from your MCC. This link here has some information on how to link a new email address to an AdWords account. 

I hope this helps!

A. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Guys, thank you so much much for the useful information Smiley Happy Think I will just add an email onto the accounts then delete from MCC then delete the actual Adwords accounts that were created.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's rediculous Google doesn't allow you to just delete an account. They'd rather have hundreds of thousands of accounts sitting in limbo on fake emails taking up server space than allow us to delete them? 

Google's a brilliant company but that's incredibly stupid.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I also have the same problems, i have accounts created in my mcc and i have looked for procedures to delete them so i could get my refund but i have failed.

Any help in regards to this matter will highly be appreciated.

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
the only way to do it, it to create a new gmail account. Give this account admin access to Adwords. Only then will you be able to remove from MCC. Once removed from MCC, the Adwords account can be cancelled. I agree that its bizarre that Google does not allow removal of useless accounts in MCC