2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

MCC Client Invitations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have invited 4 of our clients using their Customer IDs to MCC which I have just created for our company to manage Client AdWords Accounts yesterday. All 4 clients have reported that they are not receiving the invitation notification to accept. I am seeing them in the Pending Invitiation panel of the MCC. Any reason why those clients are not receiving the invitations?

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: MCC Client Invitations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure whether I understand your reply...

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

It seems to me to be unlikely (and unwise) that you're inviting your clients to access your MCC since any such access would give them the ability to see each others AdWords accounts.

I suspect that what you're saying is that you've requested to link their AdWords accounts to your MCC. Is that correct?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem.

I have sent 2 invitaions to 2 different clients from my MCC account and they have not received it.

Thereza, you have to send the invitation, otherwise how are you going to link your clients' accounts to the MCC?

We are not inviting the clients to access our MCC, we are sending the request to link their accounts to the MCC.

Google calls it invitation which is actually a request to allow us to link the accounts.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi SueliV and welcome to the forum.  When you say your clients "have not received" the invitation, are you talking about an email or the actual request in their Account (or both).

Regardless of whether they receive any communication from Google, they should be able to see your request by logging into their Accounts and clicking on "My Account"... "Account Access" where your request should be shown.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.

I am talking about the email.

I called Google Adwords support and they said that their notification system is having issues.

They suggested me doing exactly what you said and the request showed inside their Account Access under My Account.

Thanks

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

Perhaps I am not understanding what you're doing when you say you're sending an invitation?

To link a client's account to your MCC, you go to the main page of your MCC and click the "link existing accounts" button. On the next screen, you enter the CID # of the account you want to link. Once you've done that, the client should be able to log into their AdWords account, go to the Account Access tab (as Jon describes) and grant permission.

Even if there's a temporary glitch in the email system, the client should be able to log into their AdWords account and approve the access. The emails are just a notification--if the clients know you're asking for the link, they don't really need the emails.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Thereza,

Thank you and Jon for replying. The clients are not receiving the notification.

As I said, Google informed me tht their notification system is not working.

So, the way to go is to tell the client to log into their AdWords account, go to the Account Access tab (as Jon describes) and grant permission.

The problem was they kept waiting for the notification to arrive.

Now we know we don;t need to wait for it but just walk them through the Account Acces Tab.

Thanks

Sueli

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue here... sending request from MCC to existing customer account...

Customer is not receiving any notifications

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How about when the media agency does not see any link to accept the invite to link the AdWords to MCC? There is no email notification, either.