2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

MCC Auto Tagging Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking to link my Adwords and Analytics accounts (I was just recently setup as a Google Engage Agency). I am going through the tutorials, and I cannot find how to enable Auto Tagging. When I go to account > preferences, I simply see Language and Number Preferences, Timezone, and Display Name for Clients.

I have admin privileges on the analytics for a site, so I am at a bit of a loss here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: MCC Auto Tagging Question

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rodolfo

You have to open the client account in MCC and then go to preferences. (The auto tagging pref is not in the MCC).

This is from AdWords help: 

1. Sign in to your AdWords account.
  2. Click the My account tab, and select Preferences.
  3. In the Tracking section, click Edit.
  4. Select (enable) or clear (disable) the Destination URL Auto-tagging checkbox.
  5. Click Save changes.

Source: http://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033981?hl=en

Does this help?

Regards

Aleks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alev,

I didn't find this Tracking section on my MCC account. And the source you provided doesn't give instructions for MCC accounts.

Do you know how to enable auto-tagging on MCC accounts? In order to be able to get the GCLID parameter for offline conversion tracking on a cross-account conversion tracking structure.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Leonardo

Maybe I was not clear enough in my previous answer. You'll have to enable auto tagging in each account attached to an MCC directly. There is no global setting in the MCC.

Regards

aleks