Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

MCC And Multiple Adwords Accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I wish to manage an adwords campaign on seperate accounts.

Each account will be for a seperate site.

I have already setup an MCC account.

Can I fund both these sites using the same bank account number?

It's already linked and both accounts will advertise different sites with different keywords.

Thanks in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Isaac
September 2015

Re: MCC And Multiple Adwords Accounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes, technically you may use the same CC info to pay for multiple accounts.  Google may review the accounts to make sure you are not duplicating your advertising efforts but since you will not be I would not expect you to have any toubles.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Isaac
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes, technically you may use the same CC info to pay for multiple accounts.  Google may review the accounts to make sure you are not duplicating your advertising efforts but since you will not be I would not expect you to have any toubles.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks!

May good things come upon you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

your are welcome and you too!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kim,

Can you explain what you mean by "to make sure you are not duplicating your advertising efforts"?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kim,

are you really saying that you can have multiple adwords accounts with only ONE buisness?

Cause that is what Isaac seems to be trying to do. You can use the same bank account, but the billing adress must be different.

This is my understanding, am I wrong?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Rana,

Only one advertisment may run per domain name for any search query at any given time.  If you try to run an ad in two different Adwords accounts for the same keyword only one ad will show up.  The ads will sort of battle it out for the right to display.  Typically the ad with the highest ad rank and score will be the one to display.

There are no problems with having one credit card on file for multiple Adwords accounts.  I personally have done this with hundreds of accounts.  The only downside is when the credit card expires you must update all of the accounts manually.  Make sure you don't wait until the last minute to start that process or you may find that your accounts are disabled.  Having a backup credit card on file is also a good idea.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

ArneTR,

You can have multiple Adwords accounts if you, for example, are an agency managing multiple clients.  You cannot, however, have multiple Adwords accounts whos sole purpose is to serve ads for the very same website.  Not only would this not make any sense, but it would also violate the Adwords TOS.

Can I have multiple accounts?

"No. In order to preserve the quality and diversity of ads running on Google, individuals advertising for themselves or for their own businesses may only have a single AdWords account unless explicitly advised otherwise by Google."

Read more here

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Wouldn't I open the accounts I am managing through MCC on behalf of my client AND with his billig adress?

I meant, although I am an agency and managing the account, I still cannot open 20 accounts on my name and say "These are all clients of mine". Google does not require any info on the clients?

What happens if one account gets suspended? Google tends to close down "All related accounts". Same contact in all accounts counts as"related", doesn't it?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, you should use an MCC account if you are acting as an agency.  It is up to you if the billing information is yours or the client's.  You can open as many accounts as you want under MCC accounts, so long as you pay your bills.

ArneTR wrote:

What happens if one account gets suspended? Google tends to close down "All related accounts". Same contact in all accounts counts as"related", doesn't it?

If an account is shut down or disabled, it is on a case-by-case basis.  What are you doing that would make Google suspend all of your accounts?  Obviously if you are a known spammer and violating multiple terms Google can do whatever they want.