Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

MCC Account Linking issue.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

I have an issue with regards to MCC account linking. 

My colleague and I each has a MCC account. 

My colleague would like to access to my MCC account. So, she has sent an invitation to link my MCC account. However, the error message showed " This client is already linked to the maximum number of allowed managers." It means my MCC has reached the maximum of allowed client manager. 

But, under Account Access page in my MCC, there is only ONE Client Manager. I feel confused why this error occurred. 

Any advice?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: MCC Account Linking issue.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pui,

Each user account can only have access to one MCC account. As his email address is already associated with an MCC, he can't link it to another.

Hope this helps.
Ryan.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ryan,

Noted. However, I checked through online. Actually, it is possible to link my MCC with other MCC. Please refer to the link: https://support.google.com/adwords/agency/answer/9473?
hl=en&ref_topic=22070.

Thanks.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pui Mun L Smiley Happy.
Actually, you can link a single AdWords account to up to five MCCs. About the error that you are facing, I couldn't find the discussions about it. So, I suggest that you contact the AdWords support center to address the issue.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
My mistake.

You learn something new every day.
Ryan.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pui Mun L,

As you said earlier that your MCC is already linked with One client manager. If you are getting this error with only one account linked with you MCC, then the case is that Client manager which is linked to your account is already in some upper hierarchy and hence it is reaching the maximum number.
I know it's a little bit confusing, to know more please refer https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3290327?hl=en.
Hope this helps !

Regards
Puneet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pui,
I was facing the same error. I got around it by 'linking existing account' from my MCC, rather than giving my MCC access from the other account. Hope that helps!

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.