star_border

Low Performing keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Hope you are all well Smiley Happy

I have a question...

i have been playing around with account structure to try to configure the best way structure for my clients. I have added some keywords that haven't seen any impressions as of yet. 

If i was to leave these within the account will the effect the overall performance?

Kind Regards

Terry

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terry H
December 2015

Re: Low Performing keywords

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Terry H.

As @leadrofm mentions is it important to review the keywords and look for way to improve them.

Will Zero Impression keyword hurt the account - It Depends.
If those keywords with ZERO impression start getting a Low Quality scores 3/10 2/10 1/10 then this can "hurt" your overall account level QS.

You also may find that at times, depending upon the match types, some of these Zero impressions keywords might trick the system with a Higher Ad rank ( higher QS) then another match type similar keywords from showing,.

So at then end of the day, My suggestion is to keep a clean account, Pause items that "muck up the view" an could potentially create a situation.

But as already mentioned, Does it harm the account . Normally NO, but sometimes left alone over a period of time it could.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Terry, how are things?

In my opinion, if they have absolutely ZERO impressions, you shouldn't worry about. Now, if you have a bunch of keywords with a few impressions, let's say 90 impressions each, and no clicks, this is something to review and try to figure where you can improve:

- Aren't they being clicked because my ad is not relevant enough?
- or because they are not my audience?
- What can I do to make this keywords receive clicks?
- Are they valuable to me and my business?

You see, when we talk about SEARCH, it means that the user got the information and was impacted at some point of his life, either online or offline, so usually when you have high value keywords that do not search volume, the question is: What actions and media can I invest, to create an impact and make the user to search for those keywords?

Also, don't waste much time on this if it turns to be time consuming. Be practical about it.

Well, that's my view on things.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terry H
December 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Terry H.

As @leadrofm mentions is it important to review the keywords and look for way to improve them.

Will Zero Impression keyword hurt the account - It Depends.
If those keywords with ZERO impression start getting a Low Quality scores 3/10 2/10 1/10 then this can "hurt" your overall account level QS.

You also may find that at times, depending upon the match types, some of these Zero impressions keywords might trick the system with a Higher Ad rank ( higher QS) then another match type similar keywords from showing,.

So at then end of the day, My suggestion is to keep a clean account, Pause items that "muck up the view" an could potentially create a situation.

But as already mentioned, Does it harm the account . Normally NO, but sometimes left alone over a period of time it could.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @leandrofm / @Eric Gehler,

Hope you are both well and business is booming!

Thanks to you both for your opinions, i will bare this in mind when review my accounts Smiley Happy

Best Regards

Terry