AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Lost Keyword Planner Forecast data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I spent a couple of hours in the Keyword Planner planning a search campaign budget and forecasts. The campaign had about 10 Ad Groups with 3-10 keywords each.  Once I had it pretty well dialed in I made the mistake of hitting "Save to Account" rather than "Download". I need to show my client the Campaign structure and forecast before anything goes live!

So now I have a campaign built and ready in my account, I just don't have access to the forecast data from Keyword Planner (and hence no access to the compelling data that makes the campaign a worthwhile investment in the first place!). 

Is there a way to "reverse engineer" this? Run the campaign back through the Keyword Planner somehow? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Jeff, 

#1 You can try the new beta feature in Keyword Planner called "Get forecasts for campaigns for keywords from your account" but I believe it requires an active campaign and possibly with data already collected. 

#2 Go to your campaign -> select keywords tab -> in the upper top left corner select all the keywords -> Download Spreadsheet -> Copy & Paste inside "Plan Your Budget & Get Forecasts"

Let me know if this helps! 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Josh,

I'd tried #1 already, but you're right, it requires active campaign with collected data.

Will try #2!

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ugh.

"Download" is a greyed-out non-option. When I hover over it it says "coming soon".