AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Looking to attach a certain Conversion to Adgroup. Please advice

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Looking to attach a certain Conversion to Adgroup. Please advice

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ioannis A
September 2015

Re: Looking to attach a certain Conversion to Adgroup. Please advice

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Well since the adgroups live under a campaign you will see the total conversion for all adgroups under the campaign level but when you drill down into the group level you will also see it reported there. IF you dont see that visit the adgroup tab and the Columns button to add a column for your conversion metrics.

And yes, Google does require a min of 15 conversion for the CO to work.

Are you saying you want to run the CO on just one adgroup? If so considering segmenting that adgroup into it's own campaign.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Can you share a little more about what you are trying to achieve?

Conversions inherently will "show up" in the interface under the campaign/adgroup/keyword they were generated from.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Kim. I did some search after this, and I found that the conversion can be applied
only to the entire campaign and not only to a specific Adgroup. Further Google Adwords requires at least 15 conversions in order to activate the Conversion Optimizer.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ioannis A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Well since the adgroups live under a campaign you will see the total conversion for all adgroups under the campaign level but when you drill down into the group level you will also see it reported there. IF you dont see that visit the adgroup tab and the Columns button to add a column for your conversion metrics.

And yes, Google does require a min of 15 conversion for the CO to work.

Are you saying you want to run the CO on just one adgroup? If so considering segmenting that adgroup into it's own campaign.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Kim.
Your reply is also the suggestion that I found by searching further.
But I have to say that becomes complex if you have multiple campaigns.
Perhaps Google Administrators may provide this ability to Adwords interface
in the future.

Good afternoon Kim.

Good afternoon

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Never hurts to ask right? The Product Managers for AdWords are always looking for feedback. I will pass your suggestion on.