Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Logging in with work/project iD as opposed to my ID in Google Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I will start working on a new project creating a Google Adwords Campaign. I can log in to the work/project analytics account, but when I try to create the adwords cmpaign it create the campaign using my own ID and not the work/project one.  How can I access the Google Adwords work/project ccount using a different ID?

Thank you

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Logging in with work/project iD as opposed to my ID in Google Adwo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Marcia,

You can't use a single email address for more than one AdWords account. If you already have an account under your email address, you won't be able to create another account with the same id.

If you have already created another account and you're having trouble logging into the new account, you'll have to log out completely from all Google services to do that. After signing out from AdWords, go to the Google search home page. If you're avatar shows in the upper right corner of the page, you are still logged in. Click the image, then click on "Sign Out". That should allow you to log into AdWords with a different email address.

The easier way to do this could be with an MCC account. You can't create one of those with the same email address, either. But you can grant access to both accounts the the MCC account without going through all this.

If you want to use your current email address for the MCC account, you'll need to remove it from your current AdWords account. Instructions on how to do that have been posted here many times. See if you can find one of those posts.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi;
Sign out from your own (personal) google account or login in incognito window.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Marcia,
Your "work" should be using the My Client Center feature of AdWords. You will access each account THROUGH the MCC. If your company does not have an MCC set up, you can find details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399?hl=en

You need to get invited to each MCC.

Finally, if you are creating and managing accounts for clients, you really should educate yourself a little more before proceeding. The help section is a great place to start and there's lots of articles in this community that can help.