Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Log-in blocked from different geographical location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to know how to log in into the adwords account from different geographical locations without Google blocking each attempt. Is there a way of turning this off? I can only log in from the place I created the account.  I understand this is a security feature but I do not want it.

If it cannot be done, can I create a new user at each location and allow multiple users (at different geographical locations) to log-in into the account?

Thanks for any help on this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Log-in blocked from different geographical location

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

The best solution is to use 2-step verification, Google will send you a new code each time you log in from a new location:-  https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/180744?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

The question is, though, why are you blocked from a different location?

Login is not a location dependent  - it's a  "user identity  protocol". (Your ID + verification code - i.e. A password. Two step verification adds another layer of "something you own"- e.g. a phone)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the responses.

A 2-step verification is not useful as Google does not even allow me to log in and does not offer the option of doing the verification while logging from the remote location. It sends me a "Suspicious sign in prevented" email and that is it.

Unfortunately, at least for me, the adwords account seems to be fixed to a single location only. I would have to create a new adwords account if I ever move permanently.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

>>"Unfortunately, at least for me, the adwords account seems to be fixed to a single location only. I would have to create a new adwords account if I ever move permanently."

Adwords account is linked to a Google account. A Google account is not "fixed" / assigned  to a location. 

Is this a Google Apps for work account?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do not think it is a Google Apps for work account. This is an account I use for adwords only. No Gmail, Gdrive, apps or anything else. I will keep looking and see what I can do to get around this problem.

thanks for your assistance.