AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Location targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi!

We are an bhubaneswar,Odisha India  based event management agency based at Bhubaneswar,Odisha  though we operate in state of Odisha only.but most of my clients/customers are based at major metros like & Delhi,who give the business for odisha( bhubaneswar ),for location targeting in adwords  do I need to add the customer locations or only my business location plz suggest.

Anshuman

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Location targeting

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Anshuman,

In addition to great replies above, I would advice since you know your customer are mainly from metro cities like Delhi - I advice to create a separate campaign for these cities to make most out from these area.

We can also create a single campaign for different locations and can make bid adjustment but still I prefer separate campaign so that I can allot separate budget and can use different bidding strategies for each city. Easy Reporting etc.

I would echo Abhishek's excellent advice on adding very clear text in your adcopies and also in your Image ads (if using display) that you are based out in bhuwneshwar. And Rakesh's advice on adding keywords which contain bhuvwneshwar.

Also I would add you need to adobt negative keyword strategy to avoid people who are looking for even management services from companies based out in delhi and other cities. I would advice you to check search query report regularly and see what queries are actually triggering your ads. And think of a proper negative keyword strategy. Also it would be a better if you initially add negative keywords such as institute, training, institution, training.

I quickly made a search "event management company in bubneshwar" and I saw some results related to "Institute". And if your's is not institute, you need to add these as negative initially if you are not using. (Saw your ad too). Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anshuman

You need to add that location where you want to show your ads and since your customers are located in metro cities like Delhi etc. then you need to add these location in location targeting.
Since you are located outside these cities, so I suggest that you mentioned some kind of message in you Ads that you are located in Bhubaneswar or something like "Best Event Management Agency in Bhubaneswar" or some thing else which will help you to get more qualified leads i.e. people who are interested to do business with some outsiders will only click on your ads and this will help you to save some cost.

Hope that make sense!

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Anshu,

I would like to add two more point here, in addition to excellent reply given by Abhishek Smiley Happy

#1. You can also add some location( where you are operating) based keywords, like "event management services in bhubaneswar", "event management company in orissa/odisha etc so that when your customer search these keywords your ads should appear on Google.

#2. Use advance location targeting option to avoid getting outside targeted location leads. Select "People in your targeted location" in stead of selecting default option- "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location (default)". In this way you can relevant leads from the relevant location and able to reduce cost.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Anshuman,

In addition to great replies above, I would advice since you know your customer are mainly from metro cities like Delhi - I advice to create a separate campaign for these cities to make most out from these area.

We can also create a single campaign for different locations and can make bid adjustment but still I prefer separate campaign so that I can allot separate budget and can use different bidding strategies for each city. Easy Reporting etc.

I would echo Abhishek's excellent advice on adding very clear text in your adcopies and also in your Image ads (if using display) that you are based out in bhuwneshwar. And Rakesh's advice on adding keywords which contain bhuvwneshwar.

Also I would add you need to adobt negative keyword strategy to avoid people who are looking for even management services from companies based out in delhi and other cities. I would advice you to check search query report regularly and see what queries are actually triggering your ads. And think of a proper negative keyword strategy. Also it would be a better if you initially add negative keywords such as institute, training, institution, training.

I quickly made a search "event management company in bubneshwar" and I saw some results related to "Institute". And if your's is not institute, you need to add these as negative initially if you are not using. (Saw your ad too). Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn