Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Location searches such as Signs East Auckland

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi As a signwriter in East Auckland, NZ, I am trying to find out what google search words my prospective customers use to look for me.

I used to be able to enter a search phrase on this site https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS&__u=7065866746&__c=843...  and get a whole list of similar searches with number estimates for each search but now if I enter Signs East Auckland it doesn't show any similar location searches?? yet there must be hundreds of people wanting a sign that simply go to google and just type in "Signs and 'Their Suburb' ?

Here is another similar site http://www.google.com/insights/search/

giving me the same grief:

It appears to be telling me Plumbers Auckland is a seach term hardly used???

but Plumbers are some of the most sought after tradespeople!!

"Web Search Interest: plumbers auckland
Auckland (New Zealand), Last 30 days
Not enough search volume to show graphs". 

Thanks in advance for replies

Tom

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Location searches such as Signs East Auckland

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello tom2nz; welcome to our community;

When using the keyword tool you can target by country, or by google domain, or by language:

Your search term is too narrow to bring up good ideas for relevant keywords.

If you are looking for other relevant keywords, try broader keywords (e.g sign), for all searches run on Google.co.nz, or in NZ.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello tom2nz; welcome to our community;

When using the keyword tool you can target by country, or by google domain, or by language:

Your search term is too narrow to bring up good ideas for relevant keywords.

If you are looking for other relevant keywords, try broader keywords (e.g sign), for all searches run on Google.co.nz, or in NZ.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks but I had targetted country New Zealand and language English and my main focus here is not necessarily unique key words, but the main search phrases my customers are using to find people like me.

I can't help feeling that there must be hundreds of people a month tytping in "Signs East Auckland" and "plumbers auckland" each month and that "plumbers auckland" would be one of the most popular search phrases keyed in by people seeking plumbers in Auckland.

So essentially what I am looking for is the main search phrases people are entering to find specific tradespeople?

Sorry if I wasn't clear initially.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

tom2nz;

I checked for you about "Signs East Auckland"  , during the last 12 months;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So we are getting the same response from the site: http://www.google.com/insights/search/ but aren't my points still valid?

Wouldn't most people that want to find a plumber just type in "Plumber (in my) ("Suburb")

My main focus here is the main search phrases my customers are using to find people like me.

I can't help feeling that there must be hundreds of people a month tytping in "Signs East Auckland" and "plumbers auckland" each month and that "plumbers auckland" would be one of the most popular search phrases keyed in by people seeking plumbers in Auckland.

Do you feel I am mistaken here based on the feedback from the site?

Essentially what I am looking for is the main search phrases people are entering to find specific tradespeople.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Problems with this page http://www.google.com/insights/search/ are that it appears to only allow selecting a few countries.

On this site: https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS&__u=7065866746&__c=843... 

When using parameters Word or phrase  signwriter

Category Internet & Telecom

Locations and languages  New ZealandEnglish

Show Ideas and Statistics for Desktop and Laptop devices

Filter ideas Local Monthly Searches >= (whatever >= means)

I get signwriter at 1900 Local Monthly Searches

signwriter auckland at 480 local searches

(and no  monthly searches showing for  signwriter east auckland)

So I click signwriter auckland and select option show more like this and nothing happens??

The whole reason I am on the site..is .to find the variety of searches customers are entering, yet it appears the site is set up to do nothing more than frustrate anybody trying to use simple. common logic??

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again tom2nz;

>Do you feel I am mistaken here based on the feedback from the site?

The data reflects real searches. There is no reason numbers are not accurate /trustful representation of users' searches.