Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Location options (advanced) for Campaign in mobile apps

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have setup a campaign to show ads in mobile apps. Although I can choose the location targeting and I have "advanced" options such as "delivery method (advanced) " and scheduling , frequency capping, typical to "advanced settings" in All Features Display campaign, I cannot see the advanced setting for "Location options" which would allow me to restrict users just to "People in my targeted location".

How come this feature is not available for ads in mobile apps campaigns ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Location options (advanced) for Campaign in mobile apps

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Adrian,

You are right about this one - advanced location options are not available for mobile apps campaigns.

There is no specific communication as to why this is the case - but I imagine it has something to do with the fact that the AdWords system has the ability to pick up device location signals for mobile targeted campaigns.

Has anyone else on the Community has experienced this before and can shed more light on it for us?  

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Adrian,

You are right about this one - advanced location options are not available for mobile apps campaigns.

There is no specific communication as to why this is the case - but I imagine it has something to do with the fact that the AdWords system has the ability to pick up device location signals for mobile targeted campaigns.

Has anyone else on the Community has experienced this before and can shed more light on it for us?  

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I thought the option was available under some other menu . Now at least I know that I don't have to look for it anymore. Hopefully I will receive traffic just from the city where I enabled the campaign and not from the entire world Smiley Happy

Thank you