Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Location extensions : more than 1 location for "Google my business"

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Is there a way to have more than 1 location for a Google My Business Page , in order to select different locations in the adwords account based on a single email link to a single "Google My Business" account ?

Or if a business has 2 addresses it has to create 2 pages and link both pages to the adwords account in case 2 addresses are needed in the AdWords campaigns ?

I did a search prior to asking this but somehow I cannot find a relevant information on the topic. 

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location extensions : more than 1 location for "Google my bus

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Adrian,

Google My Business has bulk location management that allows multiple locations for a single business. You can use the Spreadsheet import method to get this done.

Step by Step Procedure here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3217744?hl=en&ref_topic=4596653

Hope that helps!

Best,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Sumanth Sridhar,

Specifically the place where I am blocked is finding the menu where I can add less than 10 locations.

What you are indicating, the option for Bulk editing allows me to add more than 10 locations, but for less than 10, google sends me to the interface where I cannot find an option to add just a second address.

How do I use the "Google my business Dashboard" (as highlighted in the picture below) to add a second location which in turn I can select later as a location extension in AdWords ?

how-to-insert-just-2-locations.png

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I did try to add the second location through this link 

https://www.google.com/local/manage/

but after inserting the address it says the location cannot be confirmed as long as I do not add at least 10 locations so the question remains, where do I click to add less than 10 locations ? 

From the Dashboard I can see a single place where I can add the main location and no button for a second location.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

I am replying here for 2 reasons. The first being that I am interested in a solution to what you are talking about as I have had to go through this recently as well.

I got to the point where the only 'solution' I could find would be to create 2 g+ pages, one for each location. Seems like a really weird slip up to have made, only one location per page unless more than 10. But I was not able to find any way to ad more than one location, I had to create a second G+ page.

Really like to hear if there is a way around this!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The help pages indicate that there would be an option in the dashboard for less than 10 locations, but i have spent more than 1 hour searching for it or an article about it with no luck.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I also got that impression, spent 2 days looking into it and trying various things. I eventually just created 2 G+ pages. AS frustrating as it would be to find out that there is a way I am still hoping that it is possible, or perhaps there is a project in the pipeline to implement this.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Hi Clynton,

I guess the HC article says there's an option to add multiple locations (below 10) but it is not available in the interface. The link in Adrian's screenshot 'Use the Google My Business dashboard to add less than 10 locations' is probably a miss or may be the option is yet to come as you've mentioned.

I tried adding a second location and noticed a pop up attached here. Apparently, there isn't an option to add locations below 10, or I'm missing something too obvious.

Do let me know if you've found a resolution, as it woulld help me as well Smiley Happy

Thanks,
SumanthLocations.png

Sumanth Sridhar

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Clinton and Sumanth for testing my dilema and sharing my concern.

I personally do not want to use multiple google+ pages as that would mean splitting the branding elements into tiny pieces. What do I do for example on the youtube channel of the company, I put 3 G+ links instead of 1  ? All the locations should be under the same google+ page to keep things organized.

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner
I am joining this thread for an answer to the same question as posed by Adrian. Are there any updates on this at all?

If there, can someone please list the steps where I can go to the Plus Page and add a new location?