3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Location extension is not syncing with Google + business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a verified Google + business.  I have connected this to my adwords location extensions.  It just sits there saying it is syncing.  I've deleted & reconnected a couple of times, leaving it for several days each time with no success.

Re: Location extension is not syncing with Google + business

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Location extensions aren’t running? You may have set up filters incorrectly, or your addresses may not be syncing with Google My Business. Here’s how to get on the right track.

1. Sign in to Google My Business (www.google.com/business/).
  2. Check to see that you have at least one “Pending” or “Live” business location in your account.
  3. If you don’t have one, see how to add and verify business locations.
  4. If you do have at least one business location, check your filters.
  1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Campaigns tab and select one of your campaigns.
  3. Click the Ad Extensions tab.
  4. Select View: Location extensions from the drop-down menu above the extensions table.
  5. Choose Upgraded in the drop-down menu next to View: Location extensions.
  6. Click “Campaign extension” or “Ad group extension” to see the filters you’ve set up.
  7. You’ll see the category name or business names you’ve used listed in gray text, under the name of your Google My Business account. Make sure that these names match the names in Google My Business exactly.

If you did everything as told and the problem still persists, please contact Google directly: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=8206

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is just the help screen, cut and pasted. I tried all that before submitting my problem. The link has been successfully created - it just isn't synchronising.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Nick B,

I have had the same issue.

1) make sure that the Email address of Adwords is also at least a "Manager access" to the G+ Business account

2) When trying to Sync, Make sure you copy the "EXACT" title listing that is on the "Google + Business page. Even a single space or character extra, missing etc. will create the sync issues.
Example: Google Business page title:
My Acme Business

It will not sync if you do not COPY IT VERBATIM.
if you enter My Business Acme - No Sync - "Title doesn't match"
If you enter My Acme Business - No Sync extra spaces

I have had to go to the EDIT Button in Google + Business and then copy the TITLE directly from it and paste it into adwords extension in order to make it sync. This is the case if the title is truncated in the visual view of the browser.

Let me know if that works?

If it doesn't then you would need to call support
Call us at: 866-246-6453
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 8 pm EDT
And Option 3 ( Google My Business) for them to help push it along.