Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Location added to advert

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently set up an new advert for my business.  I selected a telephone number ad extension, however the advert is also displaying a line of text with a location.  There is no location extension active and the address seen on the advert is incorrect, associated with another account I run for a separate concern.

I cant see where I can switch this off as I didnt knowingly request it or switch it on!  Can anyone advise how I might be able to rid myself of that.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Location added to advert

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google might show locations in an ad based on other resources.

The best  is to link your account with Google my Business and set a location extension.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Location added to advert

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

It sounds like the AdWords account you are using for your business has already been associated with a different Google My Business account. You may need to set up a different AdWords account for your business with a different email, or change the email associated with your prior Google My Business account.

This link may help: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7189290

Location added to advert

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Another help article that my help:

Remove Location Extensions:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7326108

Location added to advert

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Do you see anything under location extensions?  If so, you should be able to turn it off there.  If not, look at "automated extensions" - You can select "advanced options" and turn off the "automated location extensions"