2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Location Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I'm looking to start a display network campaign, but just need to clarify how targetting works.

I want my display ads to show on any website, but targets people surfing the net from say Country A.

For example if say someone lived in Country A, and surfed a popular global cooking/sports/outdoor website, my ad could possibly show to that particular person in Country A. 

Last time I tried this, the automatic placement only targetted local websites, not overseas ones.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location Targeting

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Maybe last time you tried the websites where your ads were eligible to show did not have any overseas visitors?

What you describe is correct. If you only target a specific country, only visitors residing (or at least their IP adress) in that country will see your ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

My display ads were only placed on local websites. I want them placed on any global website, but I need them to display only to people from one country.

Need it to target locals but not be placed on local websites.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Geo targeting is based on user's location - irrelevant the to website hosting location

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’