Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Location Groups - Demographics - Income Based Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been experimenting with the Locations Groups, Household Income Targeting.  I am trying to find information on this type of targeting, like What drives a users income bracket?  Why do my ads say "approved limited"?  and the Keyword say it is not showing and will only show to users in my target location.?

I have the state of Michigan with the top 10%, top 20% and top 30% income brackets.  

Any advice on where more information on this targeting tool can be found, is greatly appriciated. 

Thanks, 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location Groups - Demographics - Income Based Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Forgot to mention, this is SEARCH not display

Re: Location Groups - Demographics - Income Based Targeting

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Theodore,

Thanks for posting to the Community! The demographic income targeting available is based on data from the IRS in the United States.

This location targeting doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the approval level of your ads, though. That is likely due to the content of your ads. So if you are using trademarked terms, or terms that are subject to other requirements or restrictions. See here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2684542?hl=en

For the keywords that say they will only show to users in your targeted location, do any of those keywords have geographic place names in them? Can you provide an example of a keyword?

Cassie