3.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Location Extensions with Phone Number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A business has two physical locations, each with a different phone number.  I want to show both location extensions and call extensions with a Google forwarding number for tracking, but I want the phone number to be the number for the location that is shown to the user.

Is there a way to somehow link the call extension numbers to the location extensions so that the correct number is showing?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location Extensions with Phone Number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

I'm not sure I fully understand this part (of the question): "but I want the phone number to be the number for the location that is shown to the user"

The following article suggests that either you use call forwarding  or call extensions;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
A campaign has two call extensions, one for each location, because the two business locations have different numbers.
The campaign also has two location extensions, one for each location.

When a location extension is shown I want the correct phone number to show as well, rather than having the call extension from the wrong location showing.

Let me know if this clarifies it.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ok: - Got it;
I think the issue here is linking "Google My Business" with location extension on your Adwords campaign and  using the correct filters; ("to control which addresses show up with your ads at the account, campaign, and ad group level.")

Follow the detailed instructions in this link to set it up  correctly;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’