Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Location Extensions : Only 1 Location Extension is being shown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, 

I have integrated location extensions in one of my campaigns.

When the campaign started (Mid Feb 2012) the Ads were being shown with up to 4 different locations in the minimap shown on the Google search results page. 

Around 1 month later, there was only 1 location that is shown in the location extension mini map on the Google search results page. Currently the campaign is still showing only 1 location.  

I have checked on some other advertisers who appear to be showing the same result. 

Is anyone else having these issues? And if so have you had any feedback from Google on why this is and will this be the norm for the future?

I personally would prefer to have several locations shown as there are several locations in the city I am currently focusing on.

Any feedback concerning the above would be helpful!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Location Extensions : Only 1 Location Extension is being shown

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey,

I think Google choose to show the closest location to the user, try to search from a different location using the Google AdWords Preview Tool

"Location extensions can appear if we detect that the customer is located near your targeted location, or if we detect location-specific terms in her search, such as New York coffee shop, that indicate interest in an area you've targeted."

find more information here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404180

Good luck,

Asaf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi SEM,

Just wanted to let you know that they will only show 1 location extension based on whichever one is closest to your location. The location extension feature is meant more as a way to inform people that they are located close by to your business and so they can use the location as a way to find you as oppose to an extension just to inform them of all your different locations.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey,

I think Google choose to show the closest location to the user, try to search from a different location using the Google AdWords Preview Tool

"Location extensions can appear if we detect that the customer is located near your targeted location, or if we detect location-specific terms in her search, such as New York coffee shop, that indicate interest in an area you've targeted."

find more information here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404180

Good luck,

Asaf

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi SEM,

Just wanted to let you know that they will only show 1 location extension based on whichever one is closest to your location. The location extension feature is meant more as a way to inform people that they are located close by to your business and so they can use the location as a way to find you as oppose to an extension just to inform them of all your different locations.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

Does anyone know what the definition of "near" is? Is it 20 miles? Also, can we adjust that radius without changing the campaign location settings? For example, if I have a national campaign and want to add location extensions, can I have one location show for anyone within a 50 mile radius and another location show for someone within a 20 mile radius?

Thanks!