3.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Location Extension showing directions for a service are business

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking at an ad in Google maps due to a My Business page linked via the locations extension.

The business is marked as a service area business, however the ad not online includes a directions button, but it then shows the full address.

Is this a bug, or have I set something up wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please share a screenshot

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Location Extension showing directions for a service are business

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

2017-04-07_19-04-23.png

You can see the address is only for the suburb as it is set as a service area business. So there should not be a way to get directions or find out where they live.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The address is submitted / taken   from GMB. Check the address in the GMB locations.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry for such a delay in responding.

I know the address comes from GMB. But the GMB is set to not show the address, and therefore the Ad should also not show the address. I think AdWords needs to not show directions and the address if it is a service area business.