Guide Me
star_border

Location Bid Adjustment in Remarketing Campaign

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi Community Members,

Have you ever noticeed that Location Bid Adjustment sub tab is unavailable, when you opt the Display Remarketing Campaigns. 

Here is the snapshot of the Remarketing campaigns Setting:-

Remarketing Display.png

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rakesh Kumar
September 2015

Re: Location Bid Adjustment in Remarketing Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rakesh,

I think the reason behind this is because when you select the Campaign Type while creating campaign initially, I believe you select Display Network only and Remarketing Radio Button next to it like this:

Remarketing.png

So as per my understanding it gives you no advanced option for Location Targeting because advanced Location targeting options are only possible if you select Campaign Type will All Features and not the other one.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2567043

My thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rakesh Kumar
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rakesh,

I think the reason behind this is because when you select the Campaign Type while creating campaign initially, I believe you select Display Network only and Remarketing Radio Button next to it like this:

Remarketing.png

So as per my understanding it gives you no advanced option for Location Targeting because advanced Location targeting options are only possible if you select Campaign Type will All Features and not the other one.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2567043

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Thanks Pankaj,

I have also thought the same in first lookSmiley Happy
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I did not quite understand. What was the initial question about? Remareting location targeting OR Remarketing location bid adjustment?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I had to troubleshoot a situation today when the Display Remarketing campaign received clicks at a higher cost than the set MaxCPC for the audiences and this was because of location bid adjusments.

I discovered that the Display Remarketing campaign can use Location bid adjustments even if the tab is not there in the settings .

The client used the adwords editor to copy the locations from a search campaign along with some +40% bid adjustments for certain cities directly in the Display remarketing campaign. So the adwords editor can see and set the locations tab for the Remarketing campaign.

By looking at All online Campaigns/Settings/ locations I was able to see the locations targeted by all campaigns even the remarketing one and this way i removed the bid adjustments to avoid a higher bid for the remarketing audience as per the client request.

I hope you find this information interesting and useful Smiley Happy