AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Little confused on creating campaigns locally and globally?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello 

I am very much confused in creating ads locally as well as globally.

Eg. I own a SEO company. I want to promote my company all over the world and also my main focus would be on few states and countres like Texas, New York, UK, India etc

Here are my Campaigns with Keywords.

Globally(US, UK, India etc)

SEO Company

Search Engine Optimization

SEO Firm

Locally(Few states in US, UK & India)

SEO Company

Search Engine Optimization

SEO Firm

SEO Company USA

SEO Firm India

SEO Company Dallas

SEO Company Delhi

Should I include the same Keyword "SEO Company" in both the Campaigns. If I place it in both then my two ads will shown up with the same keyword. I cannot remove the keyword SEO Company as it drive more traffic to me locally and globally.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Balu M
September 2015

Re: Little confused on creating campaigns locally and globally?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Balu M,

Use geo-targeting on each of your campaigns and do not overlap targets. Areas specifically targeted in the "locally" campaign should be excluded from the "globally" campaign. Us the same keywords in both (all) campaigns. Geo-targeting will prevent ads from both campaigns from being eligible for the same impression. Do not include location in your keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you petebardo for your quick reply....... i came to know a good point about Geo-targeting ..... can you elaborate the complete concept of campaign creation particularly on location targeting with some graphical representation. (The person searching with .com, .co, .in). Also you told me that we shouldn't target a keyword with a location. If I use this I think I would lose the chance of getting business who search the term "SEO Company Dallas"

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Balu M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Balu M,

Geo-tareting, when you include "search intent" in addition to location will take the location keywords in to account. Let's say you have targeted Dallas for your SEO company. Most often, a keyword like "SEO Company Dallas" will have a low search volume. Because of that, your ad won't show for that keyword.

Now, let's say your keyword is "SEO Company", your target is Dallas and the search query is "SEO Company Dallas". Google recognizes "Dallas" as a location modifier, so it takes that as search intent for results on SEO Companies in Dallas, then removes "Dallas" from the query. It now matches "SEO Company" and your keyword/ad are eligible to enter the general auction for placement. "SEO Company" will generally have a higher QS than "SEO Company Dallas".

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords