Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Linkinig adwords account to MCC and access

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi!

I would like to link my client's adwords account to our MCC account, but I am afraid he gets acces to other accounts in my MMC. I think this should not be the case, but i would to be sure, before I link them.

Thanks!

Manca

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linkinig adwords account to MCC and access

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Welcome to the community!

First of all, linking client's adwords account does not give access to all clients in MCC, if not explicitly given access to.

Here are steps from How do I link or unlink an MCC account?

To link an existing AdWords account to your MCC:

1. Retrieve your client's AdWords Customer ID number (which appears in the top corner of AdWords account pages).
  2. Sign in to your MCC at https://adwords.google.com.
  3. Click Link existing accounts, which appears above your managed accounts table.
  4. Enter your new client's Customer ID number in the appropriate field.
  5. Click Continue, then Submit.
  6. When you click Submit, the client will receive an account notification that invites him to link to your account. If he's an administrator on the account, he can accept your invitation by visiting "My account" > "Account access" in his account and clicking "Accept invitation."

During this process, you'll see a pending notification for the (soon-to-be) managed account in your MCC. Upon the client's acceptance, you'll receive a confirmation notification and the account will be automatically linked to your MCC.

Hope this helps!

SJ

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Manca,

I also just want to clarify that the access only goes one way. So if you send a link request to the client you will have access to his account but not the other way around, alternatively if he was to send you a request to link then he would have access to your account whereas you would not have access to his.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

N/A
# 4
N/A

Hi!

Thanks for helping.

I thought it was so Smiley Happy you mean for them linking accounts practically does not change anything? And the billing goes via their credit card, am I right?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Yes, linking does not practically change anything to certain extent-

Your client accounts can have there own billing preferences, which means they would have to top up their accounts for their ads to run. And billing will go through their payment cards.

You wouldn't have to enter any billing info in your MCC account when you create an MCC account. (If yiu are creating a new MCC account)

If you have a credit line in MCC and some of your client accounts will be paying through that credit line, you can only select those clients to pay through that credit line.

You won't have to enter any other billing information for other clients.

Also, depending on which billing platform your clients are in (old/new).. you can either add budgets for your client (if they are on the old billing interface) or create separate account level orders for clients on the new billing interface
or create separate account level orders for clients on the new billing interface.

Hope this helps!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Manca,
I think, in your question you want to know two things, one is how you can link your client's account to your My Client Center Account and the second one is if you link your client's Adword account with your MCC then can he gets access to other accounts in your MCC. Right?

# For the first question you can follow the following listed steps

1) Sign in to your MCC at Google AdWords - My Client Center
2) Click Link existing accounts, which appears above your managed accounts table.
3) Enter your personal account Customer ID number in the appropriate field.
4) Click Continue and then Submit.

When you click Submit, you will receive an invitation link on email id that you use to login you personal adwords account. Click on the link and accept the invitation by visiting "My account" > "Account access" in the account and clicking "Accept invitation."

During this process, you'll see a pending notification for the (soon-to-be) managed account in your MCC. Upon acceptance, you'll receive a confirmation notification and the account will be automatically linked to your MCC.

#For the second question> I want to make sure you that even if you will provide the admin access to your client then he or she can't view the other accounts information at your MCC account.

So, don't worry and provide the admin access to your client so that he can also make the changes in the payment related issue.

I hope my answer will help you lots.

Good luck.
Om Thakur

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I am agree with Om T comment. Manca, you can implement all these steps and if you still face any problem then get back to adword community.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Run video ads through channel google ??
You are need for Google ads account running advertisement(Google adwords, google GDN)?
You want to increase sales, but your advertising account is limited?
Your advertising account can't spend money?
Your advesting account trust is limited?
You meet account problems or need technical supports but you don't know who or how to contact with ?
.................................................. .............
I have google account to run ad. Can spend $50,000 per day.
We are Google’s senior partner
We can solve all of these problems
Add my skype: txlanh2008 , and we can talk about that.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@ our Gurus have spoken you have enough answers to your question . GoodLuck and Cheers ! Regards to all Experts who answered the OP's Question . Smiley Wink