1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Linking two different accounts: 1 for Analytics other for Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have one if abc@gmail.com with ads running and Analytics through a different id xyz@gmail.com

We tried to link from abc@gmail.com to xyz@gmail.com using the Tools & Analysis Tab but when we accepted the Invitation at xyz@gmail.com it said you already have an xyz@gmail.com adwords account and cannot link another adwords account. How do we solve ?

As even after deleting the xyz@gmail Adwords account, same error is coming

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TripPlatform W
September 2015

Re: Linking two different accounts: 1 for Analytics other for Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi TripPlatform,

I answer this question about 10 times a week!

Even after "deleting" your AdWords account, the email address remains associated with the account. Nothing is ever actually deleted, your account is just marked inactive and you can reactivate it at anytime.

I think the easiest thing for you to do at this time is add abc@gmail.com as admin to your Analytics account.

Removing your email address from an account is a multi-step process and can be a little tricky. You can not leave an account with no users.

1. Get a throw away email address from gmail.
2. Log in to your AdWords account and send an invitation to the new address.
3. Log out of all Google services.
4. Open the email and click on the link.
5. On the page, indicate "I already have an account" (I know, it doesn't make sense but that's what you gotta do) This adds the new email address to the account.
6. Log out completely from all Google services.
7. Log in with the old address. Confirm the invite acceptance and promote user to admin.
8. Log out completely from all Google services.
9. Log in with the new email address and remover the old address from the account.
10. Log out completely from all Google services.
11. Log into AdWords with xyz@gmail.com.
12. Send invitation again to abc@gmail.com (your other invitation has probably expired.
13. Log out completely from all Google services.
14. Open the invitation email and click on the link.
15. Indicate "I already have an account" as above. Proceed with steps 6 and 7 above.

That will do it.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TripPlatform W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi TripPlatform,

I answer this question about 10 times a week!

Even after "deleting" your AdWords account, the email address remains associated with the account. Nothing is ever actually deleted, your account is just marked inactive and you can reactivate it at anytime.

I think the easiest thing for you to do at this time is add abc@gmail.com as admin to your Analytics account.

Removing your email address from an account is a multi-step process and can be a little tricky. You can not leave an account with no users.

1. Get a throw away email address from gmail.
2. Log in to your AdWords account and send an invitation to the new address.
3. Log out of all Google services.
4. Open the email and click on the link.
5. On the page, indicate "I already have an account" (I know, it doesn't make sense but that's what you gotta do) This adds the new email address to the account.
6. Log out completely from all Google services.
7. Log in with the old address. Confirm the invite acceptance and promote user to admin.
8. Log out completely from all Google services.
9. Log in with the new email address and remover the old address from the account.
10. Log out completely from all Google services.
11. Log into AdWords with xyz@gmail.com.
12. Send invitation again to abc@gmail.com (your other invitation has probably expired.
13. Log out completely from all Google services.
14. Open the invitation email and click on the link.
15. Indicate "I already have an account" as above. Proceed with steps 6 and 7 above.

That will do it.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete, I had exactly the same problem described above, I did everything what you said, I now have all the data of my Adwords campaigns in the newly created account. How do I transfer them to the Adwords account that is linked with Analytics now?? Please let me know, I'm a bit lost.