1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Linking to affiliate sites via network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Noob question. Whats the correct way to link via affiliate sites like Share A Sale ?

When i try and make a new ad i see the shortened url from SAS, is that all i will ever see ?

Is that even allowed ?

Basically I sending traffic to my own product (i own it) if i link direct i make 10%, if i go through SAS i get 25%

so the intended landing url is www.myproduct . com but the url i need to use (aff link)  is www .verylongurlwithmultiplestrings. com 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott A
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Scott A,

Affiliate marketing and AdWords is a not a great mix (but can be done sometimes). So you will want to explore more. You will want to read this

If you can comply with all of these requirements, your display URL and landing page URL has to be of the same domain, so you cannot use a URL short service or middle-man system in any way. And there are limitations on length of URL, too.

Your website cannot be a landing page to push traffic to another site, meaning it must pass the bridge policy. You need to provide everything on your site by providing a unique and credible user experience for visitors to use AdWords. 

Once you take all of that in, let us know any questions you have. 

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK this is my problem, better explain why i earn more if i use SAS

I own the rights to a product

A site sells my product

If i link direct to my product i earn 10% via link >> www. directlink .com

If i link through SAS  i earn 25% via link >> www. SAS .com /etc?etc&etc&etc

Those two links are clearly not same url/domain so its not allowed ?.  It looks like any SAS url is not allowed for exact reason above or am i missing something? 

Looking like there is no way to use SAS and grab that extra 15% Smiley Sad at least not on google adwords. 

Based on what your saying + what i have read is that any link i could possible grab from SAS to any product can NOT be used as it is not on same domain (it will be a SAS link thats redirected to the product page)

Thanks for link.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Scott A,

You are welcome.

Yes, you are understanding everything correctly.

AdWords is a great platform but not the best fit for every situation. Keep exploring all of the ins & outs of AdWords and ask anything that hits you. We are here to help where we can.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Smiley Happy just found a second site with my product which has its own internal RF system, uses same url with a tracking string on end.

So i did find a way to grab 12.5% (not +15%) lol so I have found a way, less cash but Smiley Happy 

Thanks again