AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Linking/excluding remarketing list to campaign/adgroup timeframes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For example, if i link remarketing list (of website (specific page) visitors) to campaign/adgroup is new audience that appears in the list starts serving immediately or there is some time ?

Or if i exclude some list (specific page visitors) from campaign/adgroup is there any time should to pass while they will be excluded from the campaign ?

While i doing this actions/manipulations is campaign still active and serving ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author profitoIT p
October 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Good question.

When you add a remarketing list to an ad group/campaign as proactive or negative targeting, it should take effect almost immediately. There may be a slight delay, but typically speaking as soon as you add the list to the ad group/campaign, Google will start to obey your instructions about targeting or not targeting the people on the list.

When you are making those changes to your campaign, your campaign is still active and serving unless you pause it while making the changes.

Separate from adding a remarketing list to an ad group/campaign, it does usually take some time for users to be added to your remarketing list, but I don't think you're asking about that.

I hope that helps!

John

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author profitoIT p
October 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Good question.

When you add a remarketing list to an ad group/campaign as proactive or negative targeting, it should take effect almost immediately. There may be a slight delay, but typically speaking as soon as you add the list to the ad group/campaign, Google will start to obey your instructions about targeting or not targeting the people on the list.

When you are making those changes to your campaign, your campaign is still active and serving unless you pause it while making the changes.

Separate from adding a remarketing list to an ad group/campaign, it does usually take some time for users to be added to your remarketing list, but I don't think you're asking about that.

I hope that helps!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Many thanks for the fast answer.

Can i find somewhere information about how long it takes to add users in the remarketing list  (at least we talking about seconds, minutes or hours)?

Best Regards.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I'm glad you found the answer helpful!

I'm not aware of a place I can direct you to for that specific information, but from my experience it usually takes a couple hours to 24 hours for users to show up on a remarketing list.

Best,

John