Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Linking company profile to MCC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys.

My company's partner cerification lapsed when my own certification expired. I wasn't the administrator on the old company profile. I re-certified, detatched my Adwords account from the old company account (or deleted it), and created a new company profile. In the company profile page, I can see that I am an associated qualified individual (I created the company profile). But when I try to link my MCC to the new company profile, I get an error that says my MCC is linked to another company. I've pored over the settings in MCC, but I can't seem to find how to link my MCC to this new company profile.

Thanks for your time!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Anne (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Linking company profile to MCC

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Coffeepowered,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the AdWords community!

An MCC can only be be linked to one Company Account at a time, so if you're trying to link to another Company Account with the same MCC ID number, you won't be able to. Additionally, a Company Account can only be linked by someone who's logged in under a shared administrative email address (admin on the Company Account and admin on the MCC). Are both these true in your case?

Based on your post, it sounds like you tried to detach your MCC from the old company account, but from the message you're seeing when you're trying to link now, this appears to not be the case. What you'll want to do is:

1. Login to your old GCP Company Account under an admin email.
  2. Click the My Company tab at the top of the page.
  3. Click "AdWords Partner Status" on the lefthand side of the page.
  4.  Under the "AdWords Certification Criteria" section, click the blue link to "Unlink MCC".

Once you've done that, you should be able to go back in to your new Company Account and link your MCC (given that you're logged in under a shared admin email address). Does that make sense? Please let me know if you are having further issues. If this is something you think it would be beneficial to have someone look at your account specifically, please also feel free to give us a call.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Anne

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Anne (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Linking company profile to MCC

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Coffeepowered,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the AdWords community!

An MCC can only be be linked to one Company Account at a time, so if you're trying to link to another Company Account with the same MCC ID number, you won't be able to. Additionally, a Company Account can only be linked by someone who's logged in under a shared administrative email address (admin on the Company Account and admin on the MCC). Are both these true in your case?

Based on your post, it sounds like you tried to detach your MCC from the old company account, but from the message you're seeing when you're trying to link now, this appears to not be the case. What you'll want to do is:

1. Login to your old GCP Company Account under an admin email.
  2. Click the My Company tab at the top of the page.
  3. Click "AdWords Partner Status" on the lefthand side of the page.
  4.  Under the "AdWords Certification Criteria" section, click the blue link to "Unlink MCC".

Once you've done that, you should be able to go back in to your new Company Account and link your MCC (given that you're logged in under a shared admin email address). Does that make sense? Please let me know if you are having further issues. If this is something you think it would be beneficial to have someone look at your account specifically, please also feel free to give us a call.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Anne