AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Linking an MCC account to another MCC-created account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are an agency, and have an MCC account, which I'll call MCC A. We have a client, who has their own MCC account, which I'll call MCC B. If the client creates a new AdWords account in MCC B, using the MCC Create Account button, how do I link MCC A to the new account?

It used to be as simple as selecting Link Existing Account from MCC A, and accepting the link request from MCC B. But now MCC B does not appear to be able to accept the link request, because MCC B only has User interface and API permissions on the new AdWords account, which is not sufficient to accept a link request. Oddly, MCC B can invite a new user and grant administrative permissions, even though MCC B is not an administrator on the new account. So I could create a new Gmail user account every time MCC B creates a new client account, then have MCC B give the user account administrative access, then log in with that account and grant access to MCC A, but this is a process we go through several times per week, and that seems like a lot of unnecessary work. Does anyone know of a better way?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking an MCC account to another MCC-created account.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nicobrx,

Unfortunately the work around you described seems to be the simplest solution. However, as you also noticed, rules are evolving which translates the case may be different soon.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I feared so. Big fan of your namesake, Imre

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, this is a ridiculous situation.

Just ask the client to invite themself to be an Admin of the Adwords account in MCC B, using one of their other email addresses that isn't linked to any other Adwords account. Then, they accept their own invitation. Then they log in to the Adwords account with the new Admin email address, and THEN they can accept your invitation.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

creating a new account in the MCC no longer requires an email address like it used to .... if you create the new account with no email address, then the default administrative user is the MCC login ... you shouldn't have that issue anymore. However, why don't you just have the Client's MCC as a subMCC of your own?

My question to you is regards to having more than 1 MCC accessing an account. I hadn't realised that this functionality had changed. Can you have 1 Adwords account included in 2 separate MCCs?  that is how you seem to be presenting this situation.

*Update to post - And a little research shows that you can have multiple MCCs accessing a single account ... and I'm almost a year out of touch ... apologies ... New My Client Center feature provides easier account management across agencies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Randall,

It is possible to create an account from the MCC with no email address as you say, but when you do it that way, the MCC login only has User interface and API permissions on the newly created account. What you describe was true several months ago, but is not any more.

Having the client's MCC as a sub-MCC is a good workaround. Unfortunately our biggest client has used up all of their MCC slots by granting access to 3rd-party applications.

Cheers.