Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Linking My Business to Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I'm currently working with a client who has a My Business account. Question is, how can I link my Adwords account to my clients "My Business" account? Does he have to grant me access to his account as admin?

Thanks!

Best.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking My Business to Adwords

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Carlos,

How are you Managing the clients Adworrd account? MCC Access? Does the client Own the account, has his own login?

Let me get this straight..

You own an Adwords account, the client owns a My Business account,  You want to now run Adwords for the client under your own Adwords account, instead of creating an Adwords Account for the client himself, having him be the owner of the account and you just have manager access?

Every adwords Client SHOULD OWN THEIR OWN ACCOUNT. You as a manager are just a manager. You can gain access to manage the account via MCC access..

If you set up the owner and manager access of the Adwords account according to Policy and ownership rights.  Here is the procedure.

Basically, A admin level user ( via Email account) of the adwords account has to also be a "Manager or Owner" of the My Business account for it to sync.

So If you are using MCC access. You can request that the client make you a Manager for the Business account via your MCC Email account.

If the Client is both the owner/manager of the My Business page and the same email is an Admin user of the Adwords account, they can Sync the My Business page as well with instructions.

Best case scenario is that the Manager email of the MCC is made a Manager of the Google My Business page.

Remember when syncing the account, use the Exact Title that is displayed on the Google My Business page listing, any typo or left out word will not allow you to sync, it has to be the exact match.

Re: Linking My Business to Adwords

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Carlos,

The integration between Adwords and My Business can be done when you need to use Location Extensions. In the following page you have everything you need to do this:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

There's a section called "Link a Google My Business account" where you can activate a guide.

Hope it helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Linking My Business to Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,  i would like to ask you - is it possible to link one google account, where my businesses are created with another one, where adwords are created?