AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Linking Google AdWord Accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I recently started working for myself, while still managing the AdWords account from my previous job.

Today I tried to gve access to my old employers AdWords account to my self employed gmail to avoid signing in and out of accounts as I also use Google Drive and could not be signed into my Google Drive and my ex-employers AdWords at the same time.

I went into my employers AdWords account and added my Gmail account. The email came through to my Gmail and I clicked the link and carefully followed the promts, indicating that I wished to use an existing gmail to access AdWords, but now it seems that I have actually create a new AdWords account and now cannot access my former employers account with my gmail! Extremely annoying as apparently this can't be reversed and now I can't access my ex-employers account without logging out of my Gmail / Drive!

Any suggestions on how I might achieve this would be greatlly appreciated.

Jeff P

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking Google AdWord Accounts

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jeff,

After clicking the accept invitation link in the confirmation email you then need to go back into your employers AdWords account and click 'Grant Access' for your self employed email address.

Have you already done this?

If so post back and I'll give you some other possible solutions

All the best,
Spike

Follow me on Twitter!
http://www.twitter.com/SpikePatching

Re: Linking Google AdWord Accounts

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jeff P,

Yes, the process for accepting an invitation is non-intuitive. After indicating you wish to use your existing gmail address, you also must indicate you already have an account, otherwise the system creates a new account. I haven't visited the page for a while and it may look different now.

You will need to remove that email address from the new account before you can use it for your former employer's account. I've posted how to do this many times, as have others. See if you can find those instructions.

Best of Luck,!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords