AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Linking Analytics with an account created in an MCC

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have set up an MCC and linked 2 accounts to it.  I created a 3rd account for a client within the MCC. I am unable to link this account to Analytics.  Does anyone know the best way to go about this.  My last resort is to take a snapshot of the account, delete it and then start again so it will have its own login (rather than using the MCC login). Then i should be able to link it with analytics and then back to the MCC.  This is not ideal though as I will lose all the data.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave M
September 2015

Re: Linking Analytics with an account created in an MCC

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dave,
Even in this case, you should be in a position to link both Adwords and Analytics. I created same adwords account created from my MCC (ofcourse I have not sent any invitation to others) and also linked it to my Google Analytics Account successfully.

From your myclientcenter, choose your adwords account and from Tools and Analysis tab, choose Google Analytics. Now go to Admin -> Data Source and try to link. It should work. Please note you should first add your MCC email ID as Administrator to the Google Analytics Account.

If it does not work, there is one more option. From your myclientcenter, choose your adwords account, go to "My Account" -> "Account Access" -> Invite Other Users. You will be able to invite any user as Admin as you (MCC) created this adwords account. You will be able to make another email as the Administrator for this account. Now try to link your Analytics from your new Admin login for this Adwords account. Make sure the new email has Admin access to your Google Analytics Too.

Not: Please note your MCC still have only "User and API" access for the adwords account you created.

Please let me know if you have any other issues.
Regards,
Balu
www.locsea.com/googleadwordsblog

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dave,

I've not come across this issue before. Normally as long as the MCC email is an admin on the analytics account for the site, it should be OK. What way have you the analytics set up? Is it under your agency login or where did you get the code for it in the 1st place?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dave, I can understand things. I would suggest you to read the below link which gives you step by step idea about how to link Analytics with your MCC A/C.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en

Hope this would help.

Regards
Rachit

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dave,
I agree with Adam. As long as your MCC account has Admin access to your client Google Analytics account, you will be able to link your MCC with Analytics. I have more than 18 Analytics accounts linked to our MCC. Please let us know the exact issue details or snapshot of what you get.

Thanks,
Balu.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adam,

My client has 2 accounts which i manage. He has set the analytics up himself from his own login. One of the Adwords accounts he started running himself and has this login, although now i am running it. The other account i created myself under the MCC login. I used my MCC login to create the other account in Adwords.

I actually just checked and seems as though he hasn't accepted the invitation to be an admin. I resent it just now and tried to give admin access but says that the login is already used for another adwords account. Any way around this?

Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I have also added the MCC login (which is the account login as the account was created in the MCC) as an admin to the Analytics account however the data sources tab still shows no account to link to.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Two Steps:
1. Your MyClientCenter account need to be linked to your Client Adwords Account. Please note your MCC account can have only "User and API" access to your client Adwords Account. Not sure if you are using MCC.

2. You have to login to your Client's Google Analytics account (or request your client to do) and from Admin Tab, you need to add your MCC email ID as an "Administrator" user.

Now you will be able to link your Adwords and Analytics from your MCC.

Thanks,
Balu.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Balu,

For step 1; My clients adwords account was actually created in the MCC itself. Therefore, the login is the MCC login and doesn't have it's own login that can be linked to the MCC. Does that make sense?

Thanks

Dave
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave M
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dave,
Even in this case, you should be in a position to link both Adwords and Analytics. I created same adwords account created from my MCC (ofcourse I have not sent any invitation to others) and also linked it to my Google Analytics Account successfully.

From your myclientcenter, choose your adwords account and from Tools and Analysis tab, choose Google Analytics. Now go to Admin -> Data Source and try to link. It should work. Please note you should first add your MCC email ID as Administrator to the Google Analytics Account.

If it does not work, there is one more option. From your myclientcenter, choose your adwords account, go to "My Account" -> "Account Access" -> Invite Other Users. You will be able to invite any user as Admin as you (MCC) created this adwords account. You will be able to make another email as the Administrator for this account. Now try to link your Analytics from your new Admin login for this Adwords account. Make sure the new email has Admin access to your Google Analytics Too.

Not: Please note your MCC still have only "User and API" access for the adwords account you created.

Please let me know if you have any other issues.
Regards,
Balu
www.locsea.com/googleadwordsblog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you very much. Will give it a go!